GLOBALG.A.P. is a global partnership of voluntary members, bringing together like-minded parties with the shared vision of harmonising Good Agricultural Practice (G.A.P) worldwide. The partnership is open to any organisation agreeing to the Terms of Reference. We commit to responding to consumer concerns on food safety, animal welfare, environmental protection and worker welfare by:
- Encouraging adoption of commercially viable Farm Assurance Schemes, which promote the minimisation of agrochemical inputs, within Europe and worldwide
- Developing a Good Agricultural Practice (G.A.P) Framework for benchmarking existing Farm Assurance Schemes and Standards including traceability
- Providing guidance for continuous improvement and the development and understanding of best practice
- Establishing a single recognised framework for independent verification
- Communicating and consulting openly with consumers and key partners, including producers, exporters and importers
GLOBALG.A.P. members benefit in many ways: they contribute to the governance of GLOBALG.A.P., participate in the standard setting and decision making process and have a say in the approving procedure of benchmarking other standards.
In addition to these active participatory rights, GLOBALG.A.P. members profit from a range of special services and discounts, all of which are listed in each membership category in the membership form. There are different types of memberships for producers/suppliers, retailers and associates.
Download the GLOBALG.A.P. Membership Package (PDF, 2,2 MB) for more information and application.