The GLOBALG.A.P. Secretariat is primarily a service organisation. It is supported by FoodPLUS, a non-profit limited company based in Cologne, Germany and its main goal is to initiate and facilitate the procedures necessary to run the GLOBALG.A.P. Certification and benchmarking system and to assure the integrity of all associated processes.
The global service packages focuses on:
- Capacity building via events and training activities
- System integrity via certification body and database administration
- Harmonisation management via benchmarking activities
- And consumer information via customised tool sets
- Local certification consultancy via farm assurers
For transparency reasons all main procedures on how to join GLOBALG.A.P. are published to allow any interested market participant to assess implications before and while entering the voluntary GLOBALG.A.P. System.