Standards - Overview
GLOBALG.A.P. offers 3 pre-farmgate certification/assessment standards for producers in North America.
- Crops, livestock and aquaculture
- Food safety
- Food traceability/segregation (* for parallel production [PP] and parallel ownership [PO])
- Environmental sustainability/biodiversity
- Worker operational health and safety
- Animal welfare (where applicable)
- Aligned with the Harmonized Standards for produce food safety
- Subset of IFA that offers producers the potential to upgrade to IFA over time
- Our implementation and extension of the Harmonized Standard
3) Primary Farm Assurance (PFA) (Non-Accredited Assessment)
- Our entry-level fruit and vegetables standard for local and domestic markets that assesses food safety
- Aligned with the Harmonized Standards
IFA-Crops-Fruit & Vegetables and PSS are GFSI Recognised Schemes (GFSI Guidance Document Sixth Edition, BI and D Scopes).
IFA, PSS and PFA are available to individual producers and producer groups via our Certification and Assessment Options.
GLOBALG.A.P. also offers specialized standards and optional add-on modules:
- Chain of Custody (CoC)
- Compound Feed Manufacturing (CFM)
- Livestock Transport (LT)
- Plant Propagation Material (PPM)
- GLOBALG.A.P. Risk Assessment on Social Practice (GRASP Add-on) - Worker Welfare - Brochure
- Animal Welfare Add-On
- Responsible Water Use Add-on - Under Development
GLOBALG.A.P. Standards are subject to a 3-year revision cycle of continuous improvement to take technological and market developments into account.